- None currently in the works.
- 04/30/2018 - Updated abbreviation list to include Pittsburg Center (PCTR) and Antioch (ANTC) Stations
- 04/30/2018 - Updated error messages to reflect BART to Antioch opening date of Saturday, May 26, 2018.
- 04/30/2018 - Added PCTR and ANTC stations to ROUTE 1 and ROUTE 2.
- 08/16/2017 - Added <delay> tag to the ETD results. This time in seconds off of the original schedule.
- 07/13/2017 - Update documentation for JSON
- 07/13/2017 - Updated BSA elevator command to use new data source.
- 07/13/2017 - API version 3.10 includes JSON output (beta), full documentation for JSON, and other internal changes
- 05/31/2017 - Updated ETD caching to cache JSON output separately from XML.
- 05/31/2017 - Minor tweeks to data file: changed "Int'l" to "International" in airport station names, aligned station locations with Google maps
- 01/18/2017 - Updated Route Schedule command to take time parameter.
- 01/18/2017 - Added definition for BART midnight and updated BART Time definition.
- 11/04/2016 - Added an alpha release of JSON output to the BART API.
- 09/26/2016 - Several updates to BART API. Please check the Notices for more detailed information.
- 04/18/2016 - Changed error pages for API to return XML and use Status Codes
- 04/18/2016 - Deprecated individual 'ver' commands, now using a single version command for entire API (http://api.bart.gov/api/version.aspx)
- 03/23/2016 - Enabled SSL support for API calls
- 09/23/2015 - Added "Limited" designation to some trips
- 09/23/2015 - Updated documentation for "Limited" train schedules
- 07/16/2015 - Updated abbreviation list to include OAKL station
- 11/10/2014 - Updated OAKL messages to reflect opening date of Sat., Nov. 22.
- 10/29/2014 - Added OAKL station and new routes ROUTE 19 and ROUTE 20. Renamed COLS station to just 'Coliseum'.
- 10/29/2014 - Updated logic for RTD to reflect when a station doesn't have any real-time estimates.
- 10/29/2014 - Added logic to change orig/dest station on trip plan if station isn't valid for given schedule (e.g. OAKL on schedule 34, before it opens). This will return an <error> tag within the <message> tag. For example:
NOTICE: BART's Oakland Int'l Airport Station will open Sat., Nov. 22. The origin of this trip was changed to Coliseum Station. You can take an AirBART shuttle from Coliseum Station to Oakland Int'l Airport. </error>
- 10/01/2013 - Added Clipper discounts to fare command and removed "$" from excursion fare to make formatting consistent.
- 10/01/2013 - Added Clipper discounts to <trip> element of the schedule arrive/depart commands.
- 10/01/2013 - Added trainIdx attribute to schedule leg elements. This will allow identifying specific trains on a route and is needed in order to get the load factor information for a train.
- 10/01/2013 - Added new command "load" to schedule functions which returns estimated load factor for a trip. See the new Load Factor page for more details.
- 10/01/2013 - Updated API version from 1.01 to 2.0.
- 03/20/2013 - Removed expired special schedule notices from API results.
- 11/07/2012 - Added "time=now" as a valid parameter.
- 09/26/2012 - Enabled compression for API site. Now supporting gzip and Deflate for API results.
- 12/07/2011 - Adding 'all' option to routeinfo command, include route direction in results, include lat/long in stns command results.
- 11/17/2011 - Changed "Arrived" to "Leaving" in ETD results. Added generic route schedules (date=WD|SA|SU)
- 04/12/2011 - Adding <color>, <hexcolor>, and <bikeflag> fields to ETD data.
- 01/17/2011 - Added Schedule 29 (New schedule adding West Dublin/Pleasanton station).
- 11/12/2010 - Updating QuickPlanner code for future enhancements.
- 11/12/2010 - Added Schedule 28 (Update to 2010/2011 holidays).
- 11/11/2010 - Updated glossary to add missing entries (Platform and Station Closure).
- 9/29/2010 - Changed HTTP headers to have "no-cache" for CacheControl.
- 9/28/2010 - Fixed error with route configurations not showing up in the routeinfo command results.
- 9/1/2010 - Official update of BART API from version 0.9 (beta) to 1.0. All changes for this version change have already been implemented, this is more to designate that we're exiting the beta phase.
- 6/9/2010 - Fixed error in routeinfo sample output.
- 7/29/2010 - Updated to use multi-schedule logic.
- 6/9/2010 - Added <sub> tags to CO2 emissions message in quick planner results.
- 6/1/2010 - Cleaned up a bad URL in the routeinfo documentation page example.
- 4/19/2010 - Added <routes_affected> to the special schedule command output in the Schedule Information.
- 4/18/2010 - Changing <ETA> to <ETD> in etd results to match the actual data.
- 3/26/2010 - Updated "special schedule" logic on arrive and depart schedule commands to match new logic put out on website. Also added special schedule messages to routesched command for special schedule announcements that affect particular lines..
- 3/10/2010 - Removed "key" from API results in <URI> field.
- 3/10/2010 - Added route configuration information to the routeinfo command results.
- 1/20/2010 - Updated schedule results to add origTimeDate and destTimeDate fields to trip and leg records.
- 1/19/2010 - Changed dev.bart.gov to api.bart.gov to avoid confusion about "dev" being under developement vs. "developers".
- 1/18/2010 - Updated BART TripPlanner to handle before/after trips correctly.
- 1/04/2010 - Corrected API ETD request to use the documented parameter 'plat' instead of 'platform'.
- 1/04/2010 - Added 'ALL' option to ETD requests. You can't use the 'direction' or 'plat' paramters when using 'orig=ALL', but it should be pretty easy to filter those out of the XML output if desired.
- 12/30/2009 - Added BART Time page to documentation, updated Glossary and Schedule Arrive/Depart pages. Changed font size in CSS to make documenation easier to read.
- 12/17/2009 - Updated API Documentation to make Usage url's links and clean-up inconsistencies in Samples.
- 12/16/2009 - Updated API Documentation. (Formatting, headers and footers, no content changes.)
- 12/14/2009 - Updated API Key registration page to use Recaptcha and verify agreement of License.
- 11/20/2009 - Updated bsa and elev commands to accept orig=<stn> parameter. Default is "orig=all" (all current BSA's). Also accepts "orig=bart" (system-wide messages only), and "orig=stnX" (only messages tagged for stnX plus system-wide messages). Currently the BART BSA system does not support this functionality, so this is a "forward looking" implementation change.
- 11/20/2009 - Created change log.